Friday, June 23, 2006

By Way of Introduction.

I am Herr Professor Doctor Doctor Theodore Thinkelspein, formerly of Berne and now resident in Monaco where I find the tax regime much to my liking. Before moving here for fiscal reasons I held the Chair of Philology and Epistemology at the University of Montpellier where I published no less than 1900 academic papers, many of which were considered to be the epitome of erudition and learning. I say this not by way of boast, but simply to warn that you are in the presence of a true polymath, though modesty forbids me to recite my full credentials. Nevertheless, despite the importunate demands upon my time, I hope to post here occasionaly, and trust that you will find the experience rewarding., as indeed you should, for it is not often that a genuine genius takes the not inconsiderable trouble to share his gifted knowledge with the less able. Until such time as I return, I shall bid you anon.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

A man of your erudition should be aware that some of have what is known in Theospohical circels "a life" and trundle of to the beach now and then to simply relax and to swim - after a few hours of that, literary craftwork drops by the wayside malheureusement.

12:11 pm  
Blogger Dr Theodore Thinkelspein said...

From the number of typographical errors in your short post, not to mention the grammatical omissions, may I suggest that you add more water to your libations in future. Apart from which it is exceedingly foolish to go for a swim whilst inebriated.

10:27 pm  
Blogger dilly said...

"No fewer than 1900 acdemic papers".

"Bodleian".

So much for erudition and learning.....

11:06 pm  
Blogger Liam O'Cionnfhaolaidh said...

Thank you, Del, for pointing out my typo. That's teach me to wear my spectacles at all times.

8:47 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home